CHURCH & COMMUNITY
The Armenian All Saints Apostolic Church was founded in Chicago in the year
1943, and in 1957 became affiliated
with the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia. In the early years,
before the acquisition of our first church
building, the faithful traveled long distances to attend services at Holy
Savior Armenian Apostolic Church in West
Early in 1943, a church building located
on the northwest side of Chicago at the corner of LeMoyne and Fairfield
was purchased, and by the time of the fund raising event on May 16, 1943,
the entire purchase price of $12,500
had been raised.By the year 1960, it was obvious that the neighborhood and
general area surrounding the church
were changing. In addition, many of our parishioners were moving to the
Thus, in 1960, the charter members
authorized the formation of a building committee for the purpose of building
church and community center in a more suitable area. In 1967, vacant land
in Glenview was purchased for this
purpose, and on August 9, 1970,services were held for the last time in our
Chicago church. From September 1970
to September 1980, our religious services were held at St. Pauls
Episcopal Church By The Lake on Ashland
Avenue in Chicago.
In the fall of 1979, after a traditional
ground breaking ceremony, construction began on our community center.
The center was to \be a multi- purpose facility, for religious services,
meeting rooms and social functions.
Construction was completed in the fall of 1980. In the spring of 1985, the
property east of and adjacent to the
community center was purchased. The property included a house which
now serves as the parish house.
In November 1987, excavation for the
sanctuary commenced and on April 2, 1989, the first liturgy service was
celebrated in our new sanctuary. The Celebrant was His Eminence Archbishop
Mesrob Ashjian. On June 2nd
and June 3rd, 1990, His Holiness Karekin II officiated at the ancient and
traditional consecration ceremony of
We are proud of our church and community
center. The Armenian All Saints Apostolic Church and Community
Center are periodically beingimproved and upgraded to meet the changing
needs of our parishioners.