ARMENIAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF AMERICA
The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) is the largest and most influential Armenian American grassroots political organization. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters and supporters throughout the United States and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCA actively advances the concerns of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.
The main goals of the ANCA are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia
- To influence and guide United States policy on matters of interest to the Armenian American community
- To represent the collective Armenian American viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the Armenian community and elected public officials.
The ANCA is active in a number of areas and engages in a wide variety of political and educational activities, including:
- Initiating legislation on issues of concern to the Armenian American community such as increasing United States aid levels to Armenia to promote economic and democratic development
- Participating in the American electoral process at the federal, state, and local levels by educating elected officials about Armenian American issues and providing Armenian-American voters with up-to-date information about the positions of candidates on Armenian-American issues.
The Armenian National Committee of Illinois (ANC-IL) in Chicago, is a chapter of the Armenian National Committee of America, and was founded in the year 1972.